The Online WHMIS Training course is comprised of six (6) parts; an introduction, four (4) lessons and a final assessment.
In this module, students learn about the functionality of the course as well as the requirements to competently progress through the topics. Additionally, the course outline is reviewed and learners have the ability to complete an interactive decision-based scenario activity prior to completing the module.
- WHMIS Overview
- What WHMIS is
- Chemical Overview & Health Effects
- Legislation, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Hazard Classifications and WHMIS Symbols
- Routes of Entry
- Hazard Classifications
- WHMIS Symbols
- Labels and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Supplier Labels
- Workplace Labels
- WHMIS 2015 Labels
- WHMIS 1988 Material Safety Data Sheets
- WHMIS 2015 Safety Data Sheets
- Education Requirements and Protective Measures
- Education and Training
- General Safety
- Personal Protective Measures
- Final Exam
Learners are required to successfully complete a graded final assessment, demonstrating competence in the presented course matter, in order to receive their certification.
Upon the successful completion of this Online WHMIS Training course, learners will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of WHMIS rights, roles, and responsibilities
- Identify chemicals that can contribute to injuries and illnesses
- Understand various health effects caused by the misuse of and over exposure to hazardous materials
- Know how to read WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015 labels
- Confidently identify critical information contained within an MSDS and SDS
- Demonstrate confidence in utilizing various protective measures
Who should take this Online WHMIS Training course?
This course should be taken by individuals who work with, or around potentially hazardous materials as well as their supervisors and managers.
Is this course compliant?
Yes, this course meets General WHMIS training requirements as determined by federal and provincial legislation. Additional training and measures specific to your workplace may be required depending on the circumstances of your operation.
Does this Online WHMIS Training course cover the new WHMIS 2015 (GHS) requirements?
Yes. The WHMIS 2015 for Workers course covers both WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015 (GHS) elements. It’s very important that workers are familiar with both systems as, during the transition phase, they will likely encounter elements from both.
How much does the Online WHMIS Training course cost?
The Online WHMIS Training course is 32.95 plus applicable taxes. There are no additional or hidden fees. This price also includes the option of unlimited re-takes of the final assessment.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete. Due to several variables including varying learning styles, this time can vary significantly
How long are the certificates good for?
There are no “expiry” dates on our Online WHMIS Training certificates. It’s up to an employer to determine how often their employees are required to receive WHMIS training based on many variables.
Do you offer discounts if I buy courses in bulk?
Absolutely! Employers purchasing bulk quantities of course credits receive significant discounts. Credits never expire and can be used at any time.