The Online WHMIS Training for Health Care Workers course is comprised of six (6) Modules; an introduction, four (4) lessons and a final assessment.
In this module, students learn about the functionality of the course as well as the requirements to competently progress through the topics. Additionally, the course outline is reviewed and learners have the ability to complete an interactive decision-based scenario activity prior to completing the module.
- WHMIS Overview
- What WHMIS is
- Chemical Overview & Health Effects
- Legislation, Rights and Responsibilities
- Hazard Classifications and WHMIS Symbols
- Routes of Entry
- Hazard Classifications
- WHMIS Symbols & Pictograms
- Labels and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Supplier Labels
- Workplace Labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets & Safety Data Sheets
- Education Requirements and Protective Measures
- Education and Training
- General Safety
- Specific protective Measures
- Final Assessment
Learners are required to successfully complete a graded final assessment, demonstrating competence in the presented course matter, in order to receive their certification.
Upon the successful completion of this Online WHMIS Training for Health Care Workers, learners will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of WHMIS rights, roles and responsibilities
- Identify chemicals that can be contribute to injuries and illnesses
- Understand various health effects caused by the misuse of and over exposure to hazardous materials
- Confidently identify critical information contained within an MSDS
- Demonstrate confidence in utilizing various protective measures
Who should take this course?
Online WHMIS Training for Health Care workers should be taken by all Health Care employees who work with, or around potentially hazardous materials as well as their supervisors and managers.
Is this course compliant?
Yes, this course meets General WHMIS training requirements as determined by federal and provincial legislation. Additional training and measures specific to your workplace may be required depending on the circumstances of your operation.
Does this course cover the new WHMIS 2015 & GHS requirements?
Yes. The WHMIS for Health Care Workers course covers both WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015 (GHS) elements. It’s very important that workers are familiar with both systems as, during the transition phase, they will likely encounter elements from both.
How does this course differ from your WHMIS for Workers course?
The content of the course is very similar to the WHMIS for Workers course, however, the look and feel of the course as well as some content is specific to the Health Care Industry.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete. Due to several variables including varying learning styles, the duration can vary significantly
How long are the certificates good for?
There are no “expiry” dates on our certificates. It’s up to an employer to determine how often their employees are required to receive WHMIS training based on many variables.
Do you offer discounts if I buy courses in bulk?
Absolutely! Credits are purchased which can be used towards any of our course offerings. This means that employers can purchase credits in bulk and use them for only the courses they need. Course credits never expire and can be used at any time.