The Online Forklift Training course is comprised of five (6) parts; five learning modules and a final exam. In each part, you’ll learn:
- Introduction and Overview
- Forklift overview
- Forklift incidents and contributing factors
- Standards and legislation
- Training and physical requirements
- Equipment Types, Anatomy & Components
- Types of forklifts and classification
- Component identification
- Features and attachments
- Pre-operational inspections
- Stability and Capacity
- The stability triangle and trapezoid
- Load center
- Nameplate and Capacity
- Factors that affect stability
- General Operation & Safety
- Truck and accessory selection
- Load selection, security, and integrity
- Load pick up, placement, stacking, and destacking
- Docks, trucks, shipping containers, and railcars
- Ramps, grades, and elevators
- Lifting, lowering and supporting personnel
- Shutdown procedures
- Refueling / Recharging
- Propane cylinder exchange
- Propane cylinder inspection
- Refueling other hydrocarbons
- Battery recharging and exchange
6. Final Exam
Learners are required to successfully complete a graded final exam, demonstrating competence in the presented course matter, in order to receive their certification.
Upon the successful completion of this Online Forklift Training Course, learners will:
- Have a basic understanding of general forklift legislation and applicable standards
- Know about the duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers relating to the safe operation of forklifts
- Have an understanding of the different types of forklifts, their anatomy, and their basic components
- Clearly understand important principals relating to forklift stability and capacity, and have the ability to use their knowledge to prevent stability and capacity related incidents
- Understand the common hazards associated with Forklifts and have the ability to use that knowledge to prevent incidents
- Understand the principals relating to the safe operation of forklifts including start up, traveling, pedestrians and shut down
- Have an understanding of load handling principals relating to the most common scenarios found in workplaces and utilize their knowledge to prevent load handling incidents
- Understand the guidelines relating to refueling and recharging
Who should take this online lift truck training course?
Every employee who is required to operate a lift truck as a part of their duties must be competent and successfully complete a comprehensive lift truck training course.
Is this course compliant?
Yes, this online lift truck training course was developed using the current, CSA B335 lift truck standard and meets of exceeds the knowledge requirements of the standard. Workplace and equipment specific training (commonly referred to as practical training) are required in order to satisfy operator competency requirements and the extent of such training is dependant upon the workplace and the specific duties that you are required to perform. Please read this post to learn more about operator competency requirements.
How long does it take to complete the online lift truck training course?
Because this course was developed to be extremely comprehensive and exceed OSHA, CSA and ANSI requirements, approximately 3 – 4 hours will be required in order to successfully complete the course. This can vary significantly due to several factors.
How long are the certificates good for?
Lift Truck Operator Training Certificates are valid for 3 years after the successful completion of the final exam – this is in accordance with the CSA B335 Lift Truck Standard training requirements. To learn more about training requirements and expiration date, read this blog post.
Do you offer discounts if I buy courses in bulk?
Absolutely! Employers who would like to deploy this training to their workers are eligible for significant discounts when buying multiple courses.